Welding specialist-6G-Welder Job Vietnam
Welding assessment specialist-6G-welder
- Minimum 20 years of experience in welding on a refinery, petrochemical plant, oil/gas production plant, power stations or a main contractor servicing these industries.
- Must hold current welder qualification certificate (carbon steel, stainless steel, Cr-Mo, and Ni alloys). 6G for all.
- >5 years’ experience teaching and testing welders for major turnarounds.
- Proven track record of managing weld repair rate <3% in two consecutive TAs for a major oil refinery.
- Advance knowledge with GTAW/SMAW/ GMAW welding process
- Advanced knowledge on setting up welding equipment and auditing functionality/compliance of machines on the field.
- Advance practical knowledge and experience in welding exotic materials E.g., P91, 5 Chrome, 9 Chrome, Monel, Inconel, Stainless, Aluminum & Copper
- Deep understanding of welding defects, their classification and support for welding defect root cause analysis. Focus on on site practical knowledge of how to repair welding defects.
- Experiences in various welding fillet and groove welds – All positions
- Ability to execute repair welding method statements and assist GMCs on the field.
- Ability to conduct assessment and witness welder’s qualifications.
- Prepares test pieces in accordance with the required codes / standards / specification for the testing of the welders.
- Developing A Class welders and assist with placement of A class welders on critical repairs.
- Be able to assist in complex repair method statements.